Write about a noise — or even a silence — that won’t go away. (We’ll let you interpret this in different ways…)
Falling. The sensation of every nerve in my stomach twisting as I fell.
I thought for a moment I should scream. I was indeed going to die.
But then I thought better of it. I ran my fingers through my hair.
Not that it did much of anything. My hair straightened in front of my face. Like blinders.
There was nothing but silence, or so it seemed. I heard a faint whistling in the air.
I turned around in midair, the whistling became louder. It was me.
The sheer force of my falling was causing a whistle so loud; it penetrated my ears, carving its way into my brain.
My heart raced and I felt panic arise. This would be the last thing I would hear.
The whistling, became so loud. I started to panic, my fingers tingling.
My arms long since became weak, knowing this, I still brought my hands up to my ears.
A false hope, thinking I could block out the whistling. I inhaled trying to make myself scream.
I choked, too much air gasped its way into my lungs. My lungs and heart burned trying to regulate my breathing.
I coughed, feeling for a split second I was going to die from too much air.
I turned around once more, looking back up towards were I fell. My throat felt raw.
The whistling came back. Inhaling once more, I let out a screeching yell, the rawness of my own voice drowned out the whistling.
It lasted only for a few seconds. I felt cold all of a sudden.
My hair was no longer in front of me, it seemed that I finally ceased to fall.
But the whistling. It was still there, why? I gasped, only to feel pain.
I wanted to move, only to find that I was broken.
Trapped with the sound of a whistle in my ear. I closed my eyes, letting out a gurgled sigh, with that I passed on.
But forever the whistling would be there, for it was the sound of terror in my mind.
A constant reminder of what was, and what has been.
To never let me forget what I had done.
- Daily Prompt: A Source of Anxiety (angloswiss-chronicles.com)
- Daily Prompt: A Source of Anxiety (goodmanas.wordpress.com)
- And this I title simply: Anxiety (silverleafjournal.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: A Source of Anxiety (thefluffymango.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: A Source of Anxiety (ocdravenclaw18.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: A Source of Anxiety (srollinson7.wordpress.com)
- Anxiety… what the hell do I know…?! (itsmybloginnit.me)
- Daily Prompt: A Source of Anxiety (brecore.wordpress.com)